Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Year, A New Me.....

Well, if things go as I have planned, this year will be spectacular. I am trying to focus on making myself a better person in general, in turn making myself a better Mommy. Sometimes it seems to me that I stress out over everything, depend too much on my over scheduling, and just dig my heels in when it comes to compromise.
I will spend more time trying to do the everyday things (such as chores) in the evenings after the kids are in bed, as to not take that precious time away from them. I am going to try to appreciate all of the wonderful small things my husband does to make my life even the slightest bit easier, and remember to thank him for those things. I will try to motivate myself enough everyday to make sure I get out of my pj's and to also get my kids out of theirs.
Play dates, park trips, beach days, and more time visiting with family are a few more things I need to focus on. And lastly, definitely my temper, and the way I talk to people, especially the ones that I care the most about. I want to take more time and listen when my kids call my name, and not just say "hold on baby" or "ask your Daddy", or "give me a minute". When they speak, they should be heard. I WILL be the Mommy that makes her kids feel like the most important person on the planet, I will make sure they feel like they can tell me anything and everything. I will make sure they know without a shadow of a doubt, that I love them each more than anything in the entire world, and would do anything for them. Sounds like a big plan, but I am one hard headed, determined soul, and I believe that I and my family are worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment