Thursday, October 28, 2010

Family

The importance of family is always been taught to me when I was a girl, but until I got married and had children of my own, I didn't realize how important it really was. The strength of unity, the bond with children, the teachings of right from wrong, and the unconditional love between mother and child, as well as father and child.

I think that my mother is the most influential person in my life, besides my husband. I still talk to her everyday, and call her to ask advise on the hard things in life that I encounter quite frequently. She gives me her take, and I can either agree or disagree, but whatever the case, she doesn't mind. I want to be that for my children, and hope that in the everyday grind in raising them to be wonderful, caring and respectful adults that they see that quality in me. I want them to grow up and think that it is important to go spend time with their grandparents, even if its only to say a quick hello and to kiss them gently on their cheeks and tell them how much they love them.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow, and as long as we teach our children that family is the most important bond they will ever know, then show them in everything we do how important that is to remember, the world will be a kinder place for them. To always know they have family to depend on and that we will always be there for each other..... No matter what....

No comments:

Post a Comment