Monday, October 18, 2010

In an instant...

As I sit at this computer with tears in my eyes thinking of a tragic accident that claimed the life of a mother and wife last night in my area, all I can do is think of my children. In an instant the life of this woman was taken by a drunk driver, and the lives of her family and friends have been forever changed. Her children will have to know the pain of growing up without a mother, her husband will have to live his life and try to raise two children in this crazy, unforgiving world. Her parents will have to live the rest of their days without their oldest daughter, her siblings will have to carry on without their big sister, and her nieces and nephews will grow up without ever really remembering the time they spent with her.

In an instant, I have decided that I would like to lock the doors on my house and never let my kids out again. I want to protect them with everything that I have, and that includes keeping them from anything in the outside world that could potentially harm them in any way. In reality, I know this is very unrealistic for me to even think about. I wish that senseless tragedies like this one didn't happen, but I know that if something like this ever happened to my family, I would definitely want them all to know that I loved and adored each and every one of them and that can never be said once someone is gone.

I have decided that I will sit down one day very soon and write a letter to my husband, each of my children, each of my parents and the very closest people to my heart, because even if I forget to tell them, I want them to know that for all of eternity, I will love them for the wonderful and loving people that they are and that they have brought so much joy and light into my life. In an instant the whole world can change.... *tears*....~That's all I have for now... I am going to hug my boys and tell them how much Mommy loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment