Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Baby Blues

Well, I never thought "THE baby blues" would happen to me. I am so strong willed and stubborn, not to mention too busy for this kind of thing. Well, is there a chance I could have been wrong? Is this what its like? I have this perfect little family; wonderful husband, beautiful intelligent children and here I am.... Just a mess. I holler and scream for really no reason, I fuss at my kids for doing 'kid stuff' and take my anger and confusion out on my husband as if it is his fault. It is not their fault, it is mine. I am going to change this thing if it is the last thing I do. I do not want to break the sweet bright wonderful spirits of my adoring children and I want to be able to have the 'Golden Years' with my husband. I am going to go talk to a shrink friend of mine and hopefully she can help me get through my demanding and stubborn ways and learn to be the 'loving and doting' mother that I picture myself being. I believe it will take some time and lots of hard work to retrain my brain, but I WILL DO IT!!

1 comment:

  1. Babe- it's called medication. I know it's a tough pill to swallow (no pun intended) but sometimes it's necessary. ALOT of overwhelmed mothers feel the way you do- it is totally natural. I have been there and I know it is an awful feeling. It IS NOT your fault- it's simply a thing that happens to most women's bodies as we grow older. Our minds are consumed with the needs and wants of so many different individuals. We have our husbands to please, our children to nurture and we have to keep the children from driving the husband crazy. We have to make sure our homes do not look like children live in them so that when hubs comes home from work everything will appear "normal" (whatever THAT is!!!). We have to let some things go and live a little. You have to allow room for imperfection and life's little messes. If we aren't careful, we will blink and our children will be grown and we will still be bitching about the house being messy!!!! I'm always around if you need a listening ear because I HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete